সোমবার, ১৮ জানুয়ারী, ২০২১

The City of Millions

 The City of Millions

A. A. M. Rownak Shahriar Ruhan

#12001009

[This poem was published in Notre Dame College, Dhaka's Yearly (2020's) Magazine "Blue & Gold" as English Cover poem.]

I, with you ply across the city

whenever and whenever you want.

I, with you run from scorching to pouring

to stand with three for my owner

I am "Rickshaw" and this is my city.


The peace from the Almighty, I bring to you.

Blessings and the prayer hold me

Come to enter into entire

I am "Masjid" and this is my city.


I contain the legacy

the legacy of this city

From nawab to you,

With my architecture I tied the time

I am "Ahsan manjil" and this is my city.


I'm blessed with curse

Fascinating all toward me

protecting the lord from other's sword

And now became the witness of history

I am "Lalbagh's Fort" and this is my city.


I was Asia's pride

Symbol of accuracy

Uphold excellence of our artistic mind

I am "Mosleen" mother of textile

and this is my city


I trade for you, from you towards the world

Floating with thousands

and connecting all to you

I am crowded "Sadar Ghat" and this is my city.


I colored the nature

Blue to red, green to yellow

I make them "Bangali" in your eyes 

I am "Dhakai saree" and this is my city.


Authors, Readers and Literature

I hold all of three

Tribute to the language and those who love it

I read, I write, I introduce

I'm "Amor Ekushe Boi mela" and this is my city.


I am the biggest occasion of Bangalis' trace

Mixed with Padma ilish and panta

I march for Mangala, the ultimate "Kalyan"

I am "Poyla Bokshak" and this is my city.


I am Dying for you.

my life will be lucky to be sacrificed for you.

I was the lifeline and now my life is lining

I am "Buriganga" and I'm the mother of the city.


I am everything but without you, I'm nothing

I'm the manifest of the country

Shelter of millions, trade house of Asia

Yes, I'm unplanned, blocked with jam

But again that's me who got most attention, most affection

I'm the child of civilization

I was "Zahangirnagar"

and now I am "DHAKA" the city of yours.


 

কোন মন্তব্য নেই: